The month of August has arrived, and my marketing internship is coming to a close. I cannot believe how quickly this summer has gone by. I have worked on several projects this summer for South Dakota’s Bureau of Human Resources.
Here are the projects I worked on this summer:
1. I created a wheelie brochure for South Dakota Careers which includes career fields and positions as well as the benefits of working for the state of South Dakota.
2. I started this SD Careers blog to give internships career advice as well as to share my experiences of being an intern.
3. I assisted with writing statuses and tweets for the social media pages.
4. I created infographics for South Dakota Careers social media pages and this blog.
5. I helped copyedit a poster and other materials.
6. I interviewed South Dakota State employees in Custer, Sioux Falls and Yankton.
7. I learned how to edit and create video interviews for the SD Careers social media pages.
All of these projects have helped me gain experience in the field of communications, and I definitely recommend any college student to work for South Dakota to gain experience for his or her career field. I’m thankful I was hired for this internship, and I have gained a lot of professional experience that I never could have learned in a college class.